Content Area Reading Inventory (CARI)
This activity helps me discover whether or not the textbook was helpful in explaining concepts.
Once I have this information, I can decide what concepts need more instruction and possibly
different methods of instruction.
- In chapter 1.1, on what page can you find a definition of coordinates? (Can the student find information?)
- What researchers use the Coordinate Plane in physics experiments? (Can the student use the index?)
- Where would you find information on Sequences and Series? (Can the student use the table of contents?)
- On page 91, illustration 5.6, which value is higher, C or H? (Does the student understand a graph?)
- On what page do you find definitions for the vocabularly words point, axis, and plane? (Can the student find the glossary?)
- What type of information is in the appendices. Please give three examples. One example must be a formula. (Can the student use the appendices?)